Skip to content

Van Insurance

Whether you drive a transit van, pick up, crew cab, box van or tipper if your van does not weigh more than 3.5 tonnes we can help with your Insurance.

If it weighs more than 3.5 tonnes, please check out our truck insurance product.

Why do I need Van Insurance?

Rather like car insurance, van insurance protects your van against the risks of being on the road. Legally, you must have at least third-party van insurance when driving.

The details of your insurance requirement will be dependent on how you use your van, what type of van you have and whether you use it for private or business/commercial reasons.

You will need to consider specialist van insurance even if you primarily use your van for personal or social reasons, but commute to work in it.

Whatever your trade or business we will find a van insurance policy to suit you.

We can find you a great quote with a wide range of Van Insurance needs through our panel of insurers:
  • Sole trader or small commercial business
  • Up to 5 drivers on a single policy including: Insured only, Insured and Spouse, Insured and Named and more
  • Introductory discounts available
  • Personal or business use considered
  • Choice of 3, 6 or 10 monthly instalments for annual policies

If you have had a previous policy cancelled or voided or are a driver with motoring and criminal convictions give us a call – we may be able to help.

For us to find you a great quote, you should:
  • be aged 23 to 70
  • hold a full UK or EU driving licence
  • be a sole trader or small commercial business
  • live and work in England, Scotland, or Wales
  • own a vehicle with a maximum of 7 seats
  • vehicle maximum weight of 3.5 tonnes

Additional criteria may apply. Our panel of insurers do background checks on convictions, claims and motoring history.

What is typically included in Van Insurance?

You should think about Van Insurance as a package of options. The base of the cover is a van insurance policy which can then extend with a series of optional add-ons to suit your needs. We offer both third-party and fully comprehensive insurance packages, that can include:

  • Loss of, or damage to, your van
  • Damage to other vehicles or property
  • Death or injury to other people, up to £10 million.
  • Loss of, or damage to, your vehicle’s spare parts
  • Windscreen damage*
  • Audio, communication and navigation equipment*

*Excess applies. Please speak to a member of staff who can detail the applicable excesses on your quote/policy.

Optional Cover Available
  • Excess Protection: Our Motor Excess Protection Insurance provides a client with an opportunity to safeguard themselves against the cost of their motor insurance excess in the event of a fault claim or a delay in third party payment – both of which can be common occurrences.
  • Breakdown Cover: A breakdown at the side of the road is never convenient – and that’s why we provide clients with options which take care of them in every eventuality – whether that’s filling the tank with the wrong fuel, engine or battery failure, or an incident involving another driver.
  • Legal Protection: We offer Motor Legal Expenses polices which protect and defend clients whilst minimising risk and extra costs associated with unexpected events. We remain committed to ensuring that clients have an understanding of the benefits associated with Motor Legal Expenses and the cover afforded to them.
Why Export and General?
  • We do all the hard work to offer you competitive market quotes
  • We access a wide range of insurers and find you the best package for your needs
  • Highly experienced team with your interest at heart
  • Personal service – we care about what matters to you
It doesn’t cost you anything to let us quote, but think about what it could save you.


Contact our team