Temporary Car Insurance
Temporary car insurance is a flexible and affordable option whenever you need to use a car that you’re not already insured to drive. It is time-limited cover and so ideal when you need to drive a new or different vehicle temporarily: such as to borrow a car, pick up a new vehicle or just share a long drive.
With no long-term contracts or commitments, Temporary Car Insurance is a more flexible, cost-effective insurance choice when you need just a few hours’, days’ or weeks’ insurance.
Just like your usual yearly insurance policy, Temporary Car Insurance cover gives you fully comprehensive cover, starting from the minute you want and ending at the time you select.
So you only pay for the time you want cover for – from just one hour, up to 28 days.
Getting a temporary car insurance quote is quick and easy. It can even be done instantaneously if required.
Why do I need Temporary Car Insurance?
There are many reasons why Temporary Car Insurance could be the right insurance for your requirements:
- Flexibility. Getting the right cover for your needs requires a flexible approach: you can choose the duration you want and when you want it to start.
- Cost-effectiveness. Unlike annual car insurance, you only pay for the cover you need: whether a matter of hours, days or weeks.
- Immediate cover. We can help you get a quote in a flash because we only ask you for the information we need, nothing more. You can also get cover to start straight away.
- No impact on the car owners No Claims Discount. With temporary car cover, the policyholder gets complete peace of mind that you are covered, plus peace of mind that if you have an accident in another person’s vehicle, it will have no impact on the vehicle owners No Claims Discount. Because it’s a separate, stand-alone policy it won’t affect the annual insurance on the vehicle you’re borrowing.
At Export and General, our short term car insurance panel enables us to cover most people aged between 17 and 75 years old.
We can offer cover to those with a UK driving licence, EU driving licence or a UK provisional driving licence.
There is also an opportunity to cover those with penalty points and those who have had a previous disqualification or conviction; however time limits and certain restrictions will apply.
What is typically included in Temporary Car Insurance?
With comprehensive cover as standard on our short term Temporary Car Insurance, you’re covered for any damage to yourself, your car and/or any third parties involved in an accident. Subject to excess, and only for the driver named on the policy, although additional drivers can be added to the policy.
The minimum vehicle value insured is £500 and the maximum claim for a vehicle is capped at between £40,000 and £65,000 depending on the insurer chosen.
We have policies to cover vans up to 7.5 tonnes.
What’s covered in our Temporary Car insurance:
• Fully comprehensive insurance on policies from 1 hour to 28 days
• Accidental and malicious damage to the car
• Legal liabilities for injury or damage to another person or their property
• Driving in the UK, and in some instances driving in the EU
Please note : Release from an impound costs are only covered when you buy a specific temporary impounded vehicle policy.
Please be aware that each insurer on our panel has its own eligibility criteria and so you should pay close attention to their Proposer’s Declaration.
Why Export and General?
- We do all the hard work to offer you competitive market quotes
- We access a wide range of insurers and find you the best package for your needs
- Highly experienced team with your interest at heart
- Personal service – we care about what matters to you
It doesn’t cost you anything to let us quote, but think about what it could save you.
Contact our team