Skip to content

Fitness Activity Insurance

Many Trainers and Instructors are self-employed, and  through their work in gyms, health clubs, resorts and spas (and even the ‘great outdoors’) as fitness professionals they are open to the possibilities of injury to themselves, the public and/or of damage to property.  

Unlike many others, E&G’s Fitness Activity Insurance options do not need you to be a member of an association, incurring additional cost. 

Why do I need Fitness Activity insurance?

If you have a career in the Health & Fitness industry you will need to consider having insurance for Public Liability and Personal Accident for the activities you undertake.

No matter how much planning, care and risk-assessment you undertake, there is always a chance that things can go wrong: a client could get injured, equipment may break or be stolen, or you may be injured whilst working.

We can provide insurance cover for a range of fitness activity professionals. So whether you train in dance, yoga, pilates, barre or personal training, fitness and exercise, or indeed some other fitness activity we can offer you support in finding the best policy for your needs.

What does Fitness Activity Insurance typically include?

Your cover is as personal as the service you offer your clients. Our policies offer cover for:

  • Public Liability insurance: protects if a claim is made against you in case of accidents resulting in personal injury or property damage during your activities as a fitness professional.
  • Professional Indemnity insurance: protects you if a claim is made against you from a client suggesting an injury was caused by professional advice provided by you.
  • Contents and Tools insurance: covers your equipment in case of repair or replacement requirements due to loss or damage during a session, including theft or accidental damage by a client.
  • Personal Accident insurance: protects you and your business if you get injured on a job, it includes money towards the cost of physiotherapy and dental treatment if this is required. It can compensate you if you suffer accidental death, permanent disablement, loss of limbs or loss of sight resulting from an accident during your activities as a fitness professional.
  • Loss of Earnings insurance: gives you peace of mind that should you be unable to work due to injuries, you have a contribution to your income.  
  • Employers Liability insurance: ensures that should you employ even a single person, then should they be injured whilst working for you, and they held you responsible, your legal costs and compensation can be covered.
 Why Export and General?
  • We do all the hard work to offer you competitive market quotes
  • We access a wide range of insurers and find you the best package for your needs
  • Highly experienced team with your interest at heart
  • Personal service – we care about what matters to you
It doesn’t cost you anything to let us quote, but think about what it could save you.


Contact our team