Marine Security Insurance
Marine Security Insurance provides cover for vessels sailing in troubled waters, protecting merchant ships and businesses from falling victim to piracy or hijack and ransom in international waters.
Why do I need Marine Security Insurance?
Following high-profile incidents involving Somali pirates in 2009 the reality and severity of these types of threats has become much more apparent to businesses.
Although the threat of such incidents has retreated from this high point occasional incidents are reported and it is known that pirates are still active in certain areas.
If your business is involved in transporting cargo in high-risk waters Marine Security Insurance is highly recommended.
What is typically included in Marine Security Insurance?
- Piracy attack on shipping and cargo vessels
- Theft of goods
- Property hijacking
- Support with kidnap and ransom
Why Export and General?
- We do all the hard work to offer you competitive market quotes
- We access a wide range of insurers and find you the best package for your needs
- Highly experienced team with your interest at heart
- Personal service – we care about what matters to you
It doesn’t cost you anything to let us quote, but think about what it could save you.
Contact our team