Professional Indemnity (PI) Insurance
Professional Indemnity Insurance (or PI ) provides cover against damages courts may award as a result of loss, that any professional advice given by your business, has caused to another business or individual. As with other types of liability insurance legal costs associated with such action are also covered.
Why do I need Professional Indemnity Insurance:
Although Professional Indemnity Insurance isn’t a legal requirement, in today’s litigious world Professional Indemnity cover is essential for businesses that provide any element of professional advice.
In some case it may be compulsory to take out Professional Indemnity Insurance to be a member of a professional body or association eg Surveyors, Accountants, Solicitors.
What does Professional Indemnity Insurance typically include?
Professional Indemnity Insurance covers protection for claims against a business resulting in financial loss, personal injury and property damage: caused by a negligent act, error or omission while you’re working for a client.
- Protection up to £5 million
- Costs for legal defence covered
- Choose the cover level and excess you require
Why Export and General?
- We do all the hard work to offer you competitive market quotes
- We access a wide range of insurers and find you the best package for your needs
- Highly experienced team with your interest at heart
- Personal service – we care about what matters to you
It doesn’t cost you anything to let us quote, but think about what it could save you.
Contact our team