Data is increasingly important to your business and keeping it secure is becoming harder and harder. Any information you keep about yourself, your business and, most importantly, any data your clients or customers trust you with, is open to attack from hackers, at risk if your IT systems fail, and open to issues of sharing due to human error.
E&Gs Cyber and Data Risks Insurance, also known as Cyber Liability Insurance, protects against a data breach or cyber hacking, providing cover for loss of revenue or profit and costs of putting things right.
Why do I need Cyber Insurance?
If you collect and store sensitive customer data, process payments online or just want peace of mind for you and your customers cloud stored information, you should consider Cyber Insurance for your business.
What is typically covered with Cyber Insurance?
By providing critical incident support and protecting you against the financial and reputational costs of a data incident, cover is designed to protect your business from cyber-crime which can include fraud, data theft and social engineering.
The cover includes :
- Data breaches – where personal data is accessed without permission. This could include forensic investigations, legal advice, help in notifying customers or regulators etc. Even when mistakes made by staff or suppliers result in a data breach, costs to get organisation operational again may be covered.
- Privacy Protection and Legal investigations – where your business may be required to defend and settle claims made for failing to keep customers’ personal data secure, or for allegations of non-compliance with GDPR. This includes costs associated with regulatory investigations and civil penalties levied by regulators.
- Business interruption – covers the cost of getting your business back to normal and compensation for loss of income, including potential damage to reputation (PR costs).
- Extortion – ensures that ifa hacker holds systems or data to ransom, or threatens to publish information, ransoms are paid with the services of risk consultancy and technical help.
- System damage – even without cyber crime, IT systems can fail. Cover includes costs of repair, restoration or replacement if computer network, systems, website or electronic data are damaged by a hacker, virus or cyber attack.
Why Export and General?
- We do all the hard work to offer you competitive market quotes
- We access a wide range of insurers and find you the best package for your needs
- Highly experienced team with your interest at heart
- Personal service – we care about what matters to you
It doesn’t cost you anything to let us quote, but think about what it could save you.
Contact our team