Skip to content

Thatch Insurance

Insurance of thatched properties requires special consideration.  Years ago thatched properties were considered very high-risk for insurers, especially from fire.  Although things have moved on considerably many insurers are still wary and those that are more comfortable are strict on the information they need to provide a premium. 

At E&G this is straightforward for us and we are keen to guide you through what is required.  With access to specialist insurers we can tailor-make a policy to your needs and at the most competitive premium.

We have a large panel of insurers that we work with and we can help you find the best cover for your house and possessions. 

Why do I need home insurance?

Home insurance is about protecting what is probably your greatest asset and investment, and the ability to recover quickly should something dreadful happen such as fire, theft, flood, storm or subsidence.  

What is typically included? 
  • Buildings cover for damage caused by a specific event such as fire, storm, lightning, subsidence or flood. 
  • Optional extras for Buildings cover are accidental damage, home emergency cover and legal expenses 
  • Contents cover for loss or damage to your personal and home possessions caused by a specific event such as theft, fire, or flood. 
  • Optional extras for Contents cover are Accidental Damage, Home Emergency, Legal Expenses and cover away from the home (Personal Possessions cover).         
Why Export and General? 
  • We do all the hard work to offer you competitive market quotes 
  • We access a wide range of insurers and find you the best package for your needs 
  • We are a highly experienced team with your interest at heart 
  • We provide a personal service – no call centres 
It doesn’t cost you anything to let us quote, but think about what it could save you.


Contact our team