Hackspaces are about bringing people together, shared goals, and community.
A place to make your own projects a reality or to help others with theirs.
For the security of everyone and everything it is important to have the right insurance cover.
At E&G, we understand that each Hackspace has unique needs. We have an exclusive, tailor-made insurance policy that is flexible to meeting your needs, whilst remaining competitively priced.
Why do I need Insurance for a Hackspace?
Your Hackspace brings together people in the community providing support and company You will have made it as safe as possible but risks cannot be completely eliminated. You need to ensure that the people, the building and all equipment and stock are protected from things like theft, flood, storm, wilful harm and other risks.
What is typically included?
We’ve been working along side Hackspaces all over the country and understand they have unique requirements. Our specialist policy can be tailored to your needs and can include:
- Public liability at a range of monetary limits – this means that you are covered for compensation claims and legal costs if anyone suffers personal injury or property damage because of your business.
- Employers Liability – this will provide cover against injury to volunteers and employees.
- Trustee Indemnity – ensures that if a breach of trust, breach of duty or negligence claims are made against the trustees they will not have to personally pay legal claims.
- Business interruption – cover for loss of income during periods when you cannot carry out business as usual due to an unexpected event.
- Building and/or Contents cover – protect your Hackspace as you would your home.
Why Export and General?
- We do all the hard work to offer you competitive market quotes
- We access a wide range of insurers and find you the best package for your needs
- Highly experienced team with your interest at heart
- Personal service – we care about what matters to you
It doesn’t cost you anything to let us quote, but think about what it could save you.
Contact our team