Truck insurance provides motor insurance for both Carriage of Own Goods and Haulage use across a wide range of vehicles. Whether you are insuring Bulk carriers, Skeletal, Flatbeds, Box, Tankers, Tippers or Curtainsides, we insure virtually any single vehicle from 3.6T to 60T, and offer excellent security discounts for cameras, tracking units and immobilisers.
Why do I need Truck Insurance?
Commercial Truck Insurance is ideal for businesses and owner drivers operating HGVs for Haulage or Own Goods. Lorry Insurance will give you the level of protection you need to keep your vehicle on the road and your business moving
Our policies are fully flexible to suit your requirements, and we offer a choice of 3, 6 or 10 monthly instalments for annual policies
We can offer a policy to almost anyone, but to get the best price you must meet the following conditions:
- Aged 25 to 70
- Full UK or EU driving licence
- Individual, sole trader or small commercial business
- England, Scotland & Wales only
- Vehicle weighting between 3.6T to 60T
Additional criteria may apply. Our panel of insurers do background checks on convictions, claims and motoring history.
What is typically included in Truck Insurance?
You should think about Truck Insurance as a package of options. The base of the cover is a simple vehicle insurance policy which can then extend with a series of optional add-ons to suit your needs. We offer both third-party and fully comprehensive insurance packages, that can include:
- Loss of, or damage to, your truck
- Damage to other vehicles or property, up to £10 million.
- Loss of, or damage to, your truck’s spare parts
- Windscreen damage (excess £50)
- Audio, communication and navigation equipment (£500 excess)
Optional Cover Available:
- Auto Replacement: Clients involved in a non-fault road traffic accident are provided with access to a like-for-like hire vehicle, but what about those clients who are unfortunate enough to have been involved in a fault accident, theft, fire or total loss situation? With our Auto Replace Insurance, our clients will have the opportunity to have true peace of mind by having 14 to 28 days access to a replacement vehicle which is suitable for their needs.
- Breakdown Cover: A breakdown at the side of the road is never convenient – and that’s why we provide clients with options which take care of them in every eventuality – whether that’s filling the tank with the wrong fuel, engine or battery failure, or an incident involving another driver.
- Excess Protection: Our Motor Excess Protection Insurance provides the client with an opportunity to safeguard themselves against the cost of their motor insurance excess in the event of a fault claim or a delay in third party payment – both of which can be common occurrences.
Why Export and General?
- We do all the hard work to offer you competitive market quotes
- We access a wide range of insurers and find you the best package for your needs
- Highly experienced team with your interest at heart
- Personal service – we care about what matters to you
It doesn’t cost you anything to let us quote, but think about what it could save you.
Contact our team