We understand that archaeology is more than just the dig, which is why we work with a panel of insurance companies to build tailored insurance packages in order to get the right cover at the best price.
By understanding what Archaeologists do, we can help you manage your business risk.
Why do I need Archaeology Insurance?
The dig itself is a low-risk activity but due to the importance of the finds, the need to keep the site, the team, and the equipment required to support the dig safe, it is highly recommended that any team undertaking an archaeological dig take out suitable insurance cover to protect the team and any equipment as well as members of the public or their property.
E&Gs Business Insurance for Archaeologist and Historical Societies will ensure that you, your team, and the artefacts found, preserved and displayed will be protected from events such as theft, flood, malicious damage right from the start. Whether you are digging, surveying, conserving, monitoring, displaying or researching, Archaeology Insurance is a vital component of your business.
What is typically included in Archaeology Insurance?
We will insure you against damage occurring during the period of insurance to:
- Your own equipment and other property contained in the location.
- Your own equipment and other property temporarily elsewhere, including while in transit.
- Cover for all equipment, including hired plant
- Public liability, products liability, employers liability
- Professional indemnity
- Buildings insurance
Optional Cover Available
- Legal expenses and business interruption insurance
- Personal accident and business travel insurance
- Vehicle insurance and cover for goods in transit
- Directors, officers and trustees indemnity
- Insurance for exhibitions and public events
Why Export and General?
- We do all the hard work to offer you competitive market quotes
- We access a wide range of insurers and find you the best package for your needs
- Highly experienced team with your interest at heart
- Personal service – we care about what matters to you
It doesn’t cost you anything to let us quote, but think about what it could save you.
Contact our team