Liability Insurance is a broad term that describes a number of different types of cover.
- Public Liability Insurance – injury to third parties or damage to their property as a result of your business’s negligence
- Employer’s liability Insurance – injury or illness to your employees as a result of your business’s negligence
- Product Liability Insurance – damage to third parties or to their property as a result of faulty products supplied by your business
- Cyber Liability Insurance – loss of income caused by a data breach or cyber hack, and the cost of putting it right
- Directors and officers Liability Insurance (also known as D&O or Management Liability Insurance) – protection of your assets in the event of actions against you for decisions made in your capacity as leaders and/or decision makers.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
Businesses in the UK that employ staff are legally obliged to have employer’s liability insurance which will provide your business with cover against claims from an employee. You should be insured for at least £5million and are required by law to post your certificate for all staff to see. We have over 35 years of experience in finding the right policies for our clients.
- Protection up to £10 million
- Cover for your temporary staff
- Working partners included in the policy.
Public Liability Insurance
This is not a legal requirement but if you have any interaction with the public is it strongly recommended that you take out cover against compensation the courts rule that you are due to pay for personal injury or material damage to third parties as a result of negligence of your business. Legal costs alone can be very large, these are included within the cover. We have experience in arranging policies for a range of businesses including tradesmen, restaurants and cafes.
Product Liability Insurance
Product liability insurance is essential cover for any business that sells or manufactures products. It is rarely sold alone and is often included in a public liability policy. Protection up to £10 million is available
Cyber Liability Insurance
Cyber and Data Risks Insurance, also known as Cyber Liability Insurance, is designed to support and protect organisations following a data breach or malicious cyber hack that affects systems or the ability to operate. Cover provided is for loss of revenue or profit and for costs of putting things right.
Data is increasingly important to your business and keeping it secure is becoming harder and harder. Any information you keep about yourself, your business, and indeed anything your Clients trust you with, is open to attack from hackers, at risk if your IT systems fail, and open to issues of sharing due to human error. Putting it right takes time and money, and a possible reputational hit.
Directors and Officers Liability Insurance (also known as D&O or Management Liability Insurance)
Directors and officers worldwide are increasingly exposed to the risk of being sued personally for various issues. Directors and Officers Liability Insurance (D&O) programmes covering the personal assets and liability of directors, officers and senior management against claims arising from actions or decisions made in their capacity as leaders and decision makers.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Professional liability or professional Indemnity Insurance covers any advice you give to a client in your professional capacity and protects you if you are deemed to have produced work that is not of a professional standard. It protects you against professional negligence claims.
Why Export and General?
- We do all the hard work to offer you competitive market quotes
- We access a wide range of insurers and find you the best package for your needs
- Highly experienced team with your interest at heart
- Personal service – we care about what matters to you
It doesn’t cost you anything to let us quote, but think about what it could save you.
Contact our team