Skip to content

Flood Insurance

Do you live near a river, lake or reservoir?  Or do you live in an area that  insurers think represents a high flood-risk? Perhaps your area has a history of being unable to cope with heavy rainfall?

Insurers worry about flood because when one occurs it is often catastrophic.  Insurers’ approached to flooding varies a lot and knowing which one to approach for a particular property requires expertise and experience, which is exactly where we can help.

We will compare prices across our panel of specialist insurers in order to get the best policy at the best price for you and your home.  

Why do I need flood cover?

It is important to make sure your home and contents are fully covered.

Home insurance is about protecting what is probably your greatest asset and investment, and the ability to recover quickly should something dreadful happen such as fire, theft, flood, storm or subsidence.   

What is typically included? 
  • Buildings cover for damage caused by a specific event such as fire, storm, lightning, subsidence or flood. 
  • Optional extras for Buildings Cover are accidental damage, home emergency cover and legal expenses 
  • Contents cover for loss or damage to your personal and home possessions caused by a specific event such as theft, fire, or flood. 
  • Optional extras for Contents Cover are Accidental Damage, Home Emergency cover, Legal Expenses and cover away from the home (Personal Possessions cover).         
Why Export and General? 
  • We do all the hard work to offer you competitive market quotes 
  • We access a wide range of insurers and find you the best package for your needs 
  • We are a highly experienced team with your interest at heart 
  • We provide a personal service – no call centres 
It doesn’t cost you anything to let us quote, but think about what it could save you.


Contact our team